Project-based learning is one of the most popular forms of work organization with students. In recent years, it has become increasingly widespread in the education system of various countries of the world. The project method is the organization of training where students acquire knowledge in the process of planning and performing practical tasks – projects.
The basis of this system are the following ideas:
- Students complete only those projects they tend to;
- Classes are not saturated with lectures only;
- Hands-on experience is a key;
In modern society, there is a need for active people who could quickly adapt to changing working conditions, perform work with optimal energy costs, be capable of self-education and self-development. The most important pedagogical problem today is the introduction of tools and techniques into the general educational process that helps students to “discover” themselves and reveal their identities. The criterion of success of a teenager becomes not so much the effectiveness in the study of school subjects, as the attitude of a person to the possibilities of his own knowledge and transformation of nature, history and himself.
The project method always assumes the solution of a problem involving, on the one hand, the use of various methods, on the other – the integration of knowledge and skills from various fields of science, technology, and creative areas. A project is always a creative activity. It is not just about writing a paper, where students can use online essay editor to help them with researches and grammar correction, project-based learning allows students to freely choose what they want to research and do it with an immense part of a personal vision.
It should be noted that transferring the entire educational process to project training is not appropriate. Today, it is important to enrich the development of the education system with a variety of personally-oriented technologies, one of which can be project-based technology, which has rich didactic opportunities for both intra-subject and interdisciplinary training.
Components of project activities:
- The goal of project-based learning is to create the conditions under which students:
- Independently and willingly acquire the missing knowledge from various sources;
- Learn to use acquired knowledge for solving educational and practical tasks. One of the quick and effective ways to do that is to order an essay or other work from Pro-Papers, a custom writing service for students. When you’ll examine the work done by professional writers, you’ll definitely upgrade your own writing skills.
- Acquire communicative knowledge for solving educational and practical tasks;
- Develop research skills: the ability to identify problems, gather information, observe, conduct experiments, analyze, build hypotheses, generalize, develop systems thinking.
- Initial theoretical positions of project training:
- Student’s choice is the main objective;
- The educational process is not established as just an academic subject, but as active practical classes, therefore, students tend to learn more;
- The individual pace of work with the project ensures that each student reaches his level of development;
- An integrated approach to the development of educational projects contributes to the balanced development of students’ basic physiological and mental functions;
- Deep, conscious assimilation of basic knowledge is provided by their universal use in different situations.
- Requirements for using the project method:
- Presence of a significant problem that requires integrated knowledge, research solutions;
- Theoretical, practical, cognitive significance of the intended results;
- Independent activities of students;
- Structuring the content of the project; use of research methods.
Analyzing the problem of improving the quality of students’ knowledge, developing their creative abilities while studying one should be convinced that the maximum effort should be directed to the formation of interest in learning. The impetus for this is not only the successful mastery of knowledge and skills but also the opportunity to express one’s creative individuality. Thus, the skillful use of the project-based learning method becomes vital for teachers and students.
Project activities are based on a more flexible organization of student learning. As a result of the project activity, modern requirements for the development of the personality of students are more fully ensured, their individual interests and abilities are taken into account, not only concrete labor actions are fulfilled and mastered, but various design, technological and technical tasks are solved in the system.
The key in such a learning technology is a student-centered, actively-oriented, and integrated approach to students, which uses a wide range of problem, search, research methods, design-analysis of the objects of project activities, various special exercises on the implementation of labor operations, monitoring technological equipment, machines and tools of labor, laboratory and practical work, agricultural experiments.
The project-based learning technique has a great pedagogical value. It is an educational tool that gives students a life-practical skill, useful regardless of the chosen profession, specialty, and future career.
Thus, the essence of project training is that students in the process of working on an educational project comprehend real processes and objectives. It makes students go through real-life situations, gaining useful experience, which are to help them in any future activity chosen.