Test your learning about ‘General journal’ chapter by answering 10 short questions given below. We suggest you try to answer each question yourself before clicking on the ‘see answer’ button.
If you find difficulty in answering these questions, read ‘General journal‘ chapter thoroughly from the explanation section of the website.
1. What is a journal?.
2. What is meant by a journal entry?
3. What is meant by narration of the journal entry?
4. What is a compound journal entry?
5. What is meant by the term journalizing?
6. How trade discount is recorted in the journal?
7. Why journal is called the book of original entry?
8. $950 cash is received from Mr. Z (an account receivable) in full settlement of his account of $1,000. How would you record this transaction in general journal?
9. $480 cash is paid to Mr. Y (an account payable) in full settlement of his account of $500. How would you journalize this transaction?
10. What is the purpose of posting reference column of journal?